1925 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Neighbors and Police Together!
Stevens Square Police Substation Open House
Saturday, May 12
1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
In the apartment building at 1905 1st Ave South, back door
Stop by and meet the police officers who work in your neighborhood!
FREE food and beverages will be provided and served by Lunds & Byerlys Uptown!
Sponsored by Stevens Square Community Organization and Minneapolis Police 5th Precinct.
For more information, call SSCO at (612) 874-2840.
SSCO has amended the guidelines of its Building Safety Improvement program to include funding for surveillance camera systems. Through matching grants, this program supports the efforts of residential property owners and tenants to improve the safety and security of their buildings and surroundings. Please click here to read program guidelines and details.
Welcome to Stevens Square—Loring Heights, a vibrant neighborhood located in the shadow of downtown Minneapolis. A centrally-located park, tree-lined blocks of brick apartment buildings, and a post-card view of downtown make Stevens Square the Brooklyn of the Midwest. This geographically small urban enclave boasts one of the highest densities of any metro neighborhood.
Block Patrol is a group of trained volunteers who:
• patrol the streets of Steven Square - Loring Heights observing activity in the neighborhood.
• are interested in coming together socially to meet other neighbors and to learn more about the neighborhood.
• want to reduce criminal activity in the neighborhood.
• act as an extra set of eyes and ears for the police department.
• help organize residents as a preventive force to deter criminal and disruptive behavior.
Block Patrol is open to all individuals 18 years and older. Prospective volunteers must complete an application, agree to follow the established guidelines, and attend a two-hour orientation session and patrol. Volunteers are asked to participate for at least two hours per month. To join Block Patrol, contact Dave at (612) 874-2840 or Read more »