1925 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Block Patrol is a group of trained volunteers who:
• patrol the streets of Steven Square - Loring Heights observing activity in the neighborhood.
• are interested in coming together socially to meet other neighbors and to learn more about the neighborhood.
• want to reduce criminal activity in the neighborhood.
• act as an extra set of eyes and ears for the police department.
• help organize residents as a preventive force to deter criminal and disruptive behavior.
Block Patrol is open to all individuals 18 years and older. Prospective volunteers must complete an application, agree to follow the established guidelines, and attend a two-hour orientation session and patrol. Volunteers are asked to participate for at least two hours per month. To join Block Patrol, contact Dave at (612) 874-2840 or
Participating in Block Patrol is a great way to get to know people in the neighborhood and to find out what’s happening here. Block Patrol plays a role at all major neighborhood events and reports monthly to the Safety Committee. Managed entirely by volunteers, Block Patrol has been continuously active since 1991, and is the longest-running and most successful citizens’ walking patrol in Minneapolis.