Sign Up Today!

* required

*
*
*

Email Newsletter by VerticalResponse

facebook icon

Yahoo Groups

History

Related Content:

“We the people of Stevens Square-Loring Heights have the right to, and recognize our collective responsibility to foster, a neighborhood that is safe, clean, respectful and friendly.”

The area south of what is the Minneapolis Central Business District was platted in 1856. Two property owners, Richard J. Mendenhall and Dr. Nathan B.Hill, owned most of the surrounding land which they developed as a residential neighborhood made up of a few large, single family homes. These large residential lots and "country estates" ensured that the Stevens Square area remained stable during periodic, speculative real-estate booms.