1925 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Stevens Square Community Organization (SSCO) has in place a comprehensive and proactive safety and crime prevention program that works successfully with law enforcement to reduce and prevent crime by bringing to the table significant volunteer involvement and staff expertise. SSCO has the longest active Block Patrol in the city, which has been highly effective. Block Patrol is a way for residents to communicate with the organization regarding concerns, and a way for the organization to connect with residents to promote safety in the neighborhood. Read more »
Block Patrol is a group of trained volunteers who:
• patrol the streets of Steven Square - Loring Heights observing activity in the neighborhood.
• are interested in coming together socially to meet other neighbors and to learn more about the neighborhood.
• want to reduce criminal activity in the neighborhood.
• act as an extra set of eyes and ears for the police department.
• help organize residents as a preventive force to deter criminal and disruptive behavior.
Block Patrol is open to all individuals 18 years and older. Prospective volunteers must complete an application, agree to follow the established guidelines, and attend a two-hour orientation session and patrol. Volunteers are asked to participate for at least two hours per month. To join Block Patrol, contact Dave at (612) 874-2840 or email@example.com Read more »