1925 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Block Patrol is a group of trained volunteers who:
• patrol the streets of Steven Square - Loring Heights observing activity in the neighborhood.
• are interested in coming together socially to meet other neighbors and to learn more about the neighborhood.
• want to reduce criminal activity in the neighborhood.
• act as an extra set of eyes and ears for the police department.
• help organize residents as a preventive force to deter criminal and disruptive behavior.
Block Patrol is open to all individuals 18 years and older. Prospective volunteers must complete an application, agree to follow the established guidelines, and attend a two-hour orientation session and patrol. Volunteers are asked to participate for at least two hours per month. To join Block Patrol, contact Dave at (612) 874-2840 or firstname.lastname@example.org Read more »
We have started processing applications for the Stevens Square Art Festival (formerly Red Hot Art) booths for artists! If you or someone you know would like to be a part of the celebration, please check out the link below to find out more about the qualifications! Read more »
SSCO has amended the guidelines of its Building Safety Improvement program to include funding for surveillance camera systems. Through matching grants, this program supports the efforts of residential property owners and tenants to improve the safety and security of their buildings and surroundings. Please click here to read program guidelines and details.
Welcome to Stevens Square—Loring Heights, a vibrant neighborhood located in the shadow of downtown Minneapolis. A centrally-located park, tree-lined blocks of brick apartment buildings, and a post-card view of downtown make Stevens Square the Brooklyn of the Midwest. This geographically small urban enclave boasts one of the highest densities of any metro neighborhood.